Sunday, May 31, 2009

Fluency Shaping tools leading to increased fluency-it works!!

I have known many people who have benefited from fluency therapy with intensive fluency shaping courses. Besides me, I know other SLPs, an airline pilot, a nurse, a doctor, a DJ, musician and many others. It does take hard work, practice, and joining a practice group. It is great to have control. Some people think they sound different using slower prolonged type speech. You do!!!! But so what? If you can speak with less tension and stutter less, why not try it? It may not be for everyone, but it has worked for so many in my practice!!! I can also tell you after using it for so many years myself and working on reducing feared situations, I don't have to exxagerate as much anymore but I actually embrace feeling in control!! I try and offer some intensives over the summer and with enough interest I can offer groups!!!! Please contact me for more information-Lori@allislandspeech.com
www.allislandspeech.com

No comments: