Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Intensive Therapy vs weekly therapy for stuttering

Many of you have asked me what the difference is between short term intensive therapy with long term follow up vs. weekly therapy. I can say I have seen both have positive effects on fluency. Generally, the more severe the stuttering, the more intensive the therapy. I say why stutter severely if you can learn how to be more fluent and manage stuttering in everyday life? For me, intensive therapy with long term follow up worked. For others, weekly therapy is preferred.

How can I help you? I can help you learn how to help you coordinate your breathing. I can help you connect your words. I can help you not let stuttering control you. I can help you become more fluent!!!! Lori@allislandspeech.com, www.allislandspeech.com

No comments: