Monday, March 10, 2008

Welcome to my blog

HI-Welcome to my blog. My name is Lori Melnitsky. I am a speech pathologist and have been practicing for over 15 years. I stuttered very severely as a child and am now on a journey of recovering from stuttering.

For those of you who don't know me, I LOVE working with children, teens and adults who stutter. I have a deep passion for helping people with communication difficulties. Some people might say I am obsessed, but I consider myself lucky to be working in a field I love!

I live on Long Island, NY with my wonderful husband (my # 1 IT guy who set up this blog), my two beautiful daughters and my dog Parker.

My parents always said I should write a book about my experiences growing up stuttering. I never got a chance to write a book so this blog is the next best thing. Interestingly, my oldest daughter asked me tonight if I stopped practicing if I would start stuttering again. I said Sami I still do stutter at times, remember? She said "not really". How interesting that she hardly notices it. By the way, the answer is yes!! If I stop practicing my fluency tools, I will start stuttering much more!

Thanks for tuning in!

No comments: